RESEA001246 Research Assistant II
Northern California Institute for Research and Education (NCIRE) is the leading nonprofit research institute in the United States devoted to advancing Veterans health research. NCIRE is part of one of the world’s most dedicated and successful Veterans care communities, pioneering new treatments and understandings of military medicine and care.
Along with our partners at the San Francisco VA Health Care System and the University of California, San Francisco, we are working to discover and develop effective, safe, and practical treatments for military injuries and diseases affecting Veterans. Through new technologies, novel scientific insights, and international clinical collaborations, we strive to set a new standard of health care research for Veterans and military personnel.
Under the general supervision of the Principal Investigator, perform specialized and routine procedures and techniques in controlled experiments in the Brain Imaging and EEG Laboratory. Position will aid in an ongoing research projects investigating brain structure/function in individuals with neuropsychiatric illness.
• Assist with subject recruitment, including placing advertisements, phone screening prospective participants, working with the team to schedule research subjects; interview patients and healthy controls; collect clinical and demographic data
• Schedule and organize visits to the SFVAMC for all study procedures: blood collection, MR scanning, rTMS/EEG collection, and neuropsychological testing.
• Assist in collecting EEG, MRI, and neuropsychological data, and operating all relevant software
• Conduct safety screening for MRI data collection
• Maintain and update databases, subject information folders, and subject payment forms
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree in an associated field, preferred: Master's Degree in an associated field
• Preferred: 1-2 Years of experience
• Good organizational and computer skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Comfort recruiting, interviewing, and talking with participants on the phone
• Preferred: Familiarity with RedCap.
• Preferred: Prior experience with repetitive transcrainial magnetic stimulation (rTMS) and/or MRI operation is preferred
Please directly apply by cutting and pasting the below link into your browser. Any applications submitted through this job website will not be considered. All interested candidates must only apply using the link below to be considered.
Or apply by visiting us at www.ncire.org and apply for RESEA001246 Research Assistant II.
Northern California Institute for Research and Education (NCIRE) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Per San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance, Northern California Institute for Research and Education (NCIRE) will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories
• Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.