RESEA001271 Research Specialist
Northern California Institute for Research and Education (NCIRE) is the leading nonprofit research institute in the United States devoted to advancing Veterans health research. NCIRE is part of one of the world’s most dedicated and successful Veterans care communities, pioneering new treatments and understandings of military medicine and care.
Along with our partners at the San Francisco VA Health Care System and the University of California, San Francisco, we are working to discover and develop effective, safe, and practical treatments for military injuries and diseases affecting Veterans. Through new technologies, novel scientific insights, and international clinical collaborations, we strive to set a new standard of health care research for Veterans and military personnel.
This position is for a Research Specialist to serve as a transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) research technician.
· Deliver rTMS study protocol theta burst stimulations to voluntary research participants
· Collaborates with project coordinator and principal investigator to follow all study guidelines and procedures as instructed by the study sponsor and institutional review board
· May also collect EEG data as part of the rTMS research visit
· Possession of a B.A. or B.S. degree, ideally in a field relevant to neuroscience
· Experience with rTMS methods and stimulation techniques, including non-standard coils such as DB-80 (deep TMS H7 compatible)
· Experience delivering rTMS treatments (non-invasive brain stimulation) to individuals with psychiatric illness
· Demonstrated excellent technical skills, attention to detail, and ability to follow routinized protocols and adhere to all relevant safety, institutional review board, and clinical trial guidelines
· Prefer prior experience with MagVenture rTMS systems and theta burst stimulation protocols
· Prefer prior experience working with psychiatric populations such as depression
· Prefer prior experience in EEG acquisition and/or knowledge of EEG methodology
· Able to work well with others including the principal investigator and other research colleagues, study staff, medical students, residents and post-doctoral fellows
Please directly apply by cutting and pasting the below link into your browser. Any applications submitted through this job website will not be considered. All interested candidates must only apply using the link below to be considered.
Or apply by visiting us at www.ncire.org and apply for RESEA001271 Research Specialist.
Northern California Institute for Research and Education (NCIRE) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Per San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance, Northern California Institute for Research and Education (NCIRE) will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories
• Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.