Intern, Grants Management
This is a remote position.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please submit your application using our hiring platform, ADP. You can find the internship posting here.
- Applications submitted through Handshake will not be considered.
- If you have any questions regarding the position or how to apply, please email email@example.com
Compensation: $15.00 per hour
Time Commitment: 29 hours per week for 6 months (mid/late-January through June)
Best Friends Animal Society is a national non-profit focused on ending the killing of cats and dogs in America's shelters by 2025. Best Friends is leading the no-kill movement by running lifesaving community programs for dogs and cats, providing support and training for animal shelters and rescue groups, and mobilizing community members on behalf of pets in need across the country. The communities we partner with are diverse and multicultural – and we want that to be reflected within our organization. We welcome our employees’ unique wisdom, special skills, passion, and whole self to the workplace. We believe that our differences are pivotal to uniting the movement and achieving our mission.
Our hiring practices are based on kindness and treating all living things, people, animals and the planet, as we would like to be treated. We encourage candidates who can enhance and thrive within our culture, as well as use their unique strengths and experiences to help us Save Them All.
The Grants Management Intern will work with, and under the supervision of the Foundation Partnerships Specialist. Primary responsibilities include assisting with all aspects of foundation grant giving and management. Specifically, the Grants Management Intern will gain experience in prospect research, relationship cultivation, proposal development and submission, tracking data, and stewardship.
The Grants Management Intern reports to Kim Jensen, Foundation Partnership Specialist, and will receive weekly supervision and regular trainings on relevant career topics. The minimum time commitment for the Foundation Partnerships Internship is 29 hours per week at $15.00 per hour for 6 months (approx. January-June). Some M-F, 9-5 hours may be required. This is a remote internship. Students seeking college credit are welcome to apply.
- Research private foundation prospects and potential funding opportunities for Best Friends programs
- Learn about and enter prospect research into the constituent relationship management (CRM) database
- Collaborate with the foundations team to research, write, and submit letters of inquiry, formal grant proposals, stewardship documents, and grant reports
- Assist in regular stewardship activities for foundation partners
- Support other areas of the Foundation Partnerships team as necessary
- Treat people around you with Kindness and Compassion, build trust by demonstrating authenticity and following through on your commitments, prioritize your well-being, and work to build strong inclusive relationships with your colleagues by participating in communication loops to share and receive honest feedback.
- Gain a strong understanding of grants management including research, solicitation, proposal writing, and stewardship
- Learn valuable, real-world applications for grant writing, research, and reporting
- Develop skills for researching national, state, and local funding sources
- Learn how to enter data and information in a constituent relationship management system
- Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight and meet deadlines
- Commitment to communication, cooperation, and collaboration
- Previous experience or willingness to learn constituent relationship management software
- Ability to learn and professionally communicate Best Friends’ mission, vision, and programmatic scope
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Best Friends Animal Society. Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, or domestic partner status.
After applicants accept an offer of employment in writing, they will be asked to provide Covid-19 vaccination status information pursuant to any applicable policies in place at the time of hiring.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Best Friends Animal Society.
Best Friends employees may only hold one compensated position at any time. Current employees are not allowed to hold another position and this internship position at the same time. If a current employee would like to apply for this internship, the employee would be required to resign from their primary position, with no guarantee of re-employment, if the employee wanted to accept this position.