The College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences allocates funding to enhance outreach and engagement between the college and the community. DVM Ambassadors serve as role models for prospective and incoming students. The DVM Ambassador Student Coordinator oversees the DVM Ambassadors, oversees training and onboarding, and event communication.
- Must be a current CSU veterinary student in years 1,2,3 or 4 of the veterinary program.
- Knowledge of the veterinary program including facilities, clubs, and curriculum options.
- Leadership experience or experience working in a student advising role
DVM Ambassador Assistant Student Coordinator:
- Must have experience as a DVM Ambassador
DVM Ambassador Student Coordinator:
- Must have experience as a DVM Ambassador Assistant Student Coordinator
Hours per week: Hours vary, 5-15 hours/week.
Desired Start Date: 16 October 2022
Number of Openings: 1
DVM Ambassador - $12.50/hr
DVM Ambassador Assistant Student Coordinator - $15.00/hr
DVM Ambassador Student Coordinator - $20.00/hr
DVM Ambassador Responsibilities
- Work alongside the CVMBS Dean’s office staff to enhance the DVM experience
- Implement critical recruitment activities for newly offered/admitted DVM candidates through email, phone calls, and postcards in addition and other outreach activities.
- Provide tours to and serve as role models for prospective and incoming students
- Serve as an individual to shadow visiting students
- Enhance personal public speaking, networking, and management skills while representing the DVM Program
- within the veterinary medicine industry
- Facilitate and represent the current DVM student body at campus visit days
- Represent the DVM Program through participation in student panels during visit days including Pre-Vet Days,
- Educational Days
- Help incoming freshmen make the transition to veterinary school
- Represent the DVM Program at development functions
- Represent the DVM Program at local, regional, and national events
- Industry Networking
DVM Ambassador Student Assistant Coordinator Responsibilities
- Assist the CVMBS social media director to implement DVM student-oriented publicity across social media platforms
- Assist DVM Ambassadors advisor and Student Coordinator with implementation of new process
- Assist Student Coordinator with the training of new DVM ambassadors ensuring that they understand their roles in representing the CSU DVM program
- Assist the Student Coordinator in organizing Ambassador participation representation at sanctioned events
- Encourage discussion amongst DVM students as to how the DVM ambassadors can represent the program in new, engaging ways
- Work alongside the Student Coordinator to learn the duties and responsibilities of the Student Coordinator position in efforts to ensure the efficient transition of leadership and longevity of the DVM Ambassadors program
DVM Ambassador Student Coordinator Responsibilities
- Assist CVMBS social media director to develop and promote DVM student-oriented publicity across social media platforms
- Work alongside the DVM Ambassadors advisor to oversee and evaluate the new hire process, including the review of current policies
- Organize and lead training to ensure that all DVM ambassadors understand their roles in representing the CSU DVM program
- Oversee the coordination and communication of DVM ambassadors at DVM sanctioned events
- Facilitate discussion amongst DVM students as to how the DVM ambassadors can represent the program in new, engaging ways and work with Ambassador Advisor to implement best practices
- Train and familiarize the Assistant Coordinator of the DVM Ambassadors with the Student Coordinator position to ensure efficient transitions between academic years for the longevity of the DVM Ambassadors program
Application Instructions: To apply, complete the application at https://forms.office.com/r/hRrrd9zwSZ
Benefits Information: Employee Benefits information can be found on HR's Website: https://hr.colostate.edu/current-employees/benefits/
Background Check: Colorado State University may conduct background checks on all final candidates.