Front of House Manager
The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art is located in Sarasota, Florida, and is a department of Florida State University. Want to learn more about The Ringling?
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Ringling is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. As such, we are always seeking individuals dedicated to innovation and excellence. A successful candidate will work effectively, respectfully, and collaboratively in a diverse, multicultural, and inclusive setting. We especially encourage applications by individuals from underrepresented groups, with a demonstrated commitment to a culturally and intellectually diverse workplace.
Should you require accommodations for the application or interview processes, please email email@example.com or call 941-358-2773.
Learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
- FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement
- FSU Diversity & Inclusion Statement
- FSU Strategic Plan
- Ringling Strategic Plan
- Ringling Equity Statement
The Front of House Manager is responsible for assisting with the daily Front of House operations for the Historic Asolo Theater, including implementing and maintaining procedures to ensure the highest level of customer service is attained. The Historic Asolo Theater at The Ringling presents live performances of international dance, music and theater programming in addition to documentary and theatrical film releases.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Implements and maintains House Management procedures to provide optimal customer service: including the development and management of volunteer ushers, monitoring of all public areas, and distributing collateral materials to audience. Enforces, and oversees on-the-spot interpretation of policies concerning patrons needs, resolution of ticket and seating issues at events, and ADA-related concerns.
- Works directly with the Box Office Manager, Production staff and all Front of House personnel to ensure smooth transitions from pre-show into the performance, in and out of intermission(s) and transitioning out of the performance.
- Assists Box Office Manager with day-to-day operations, cash-handling and reporting.
- Schedules, trains, supervises and recruits volunteer ushers, coordinating plans with the Box Office Manager.
High School diploma or equivalent and four years of experience.
- Knowledge of the concepts, principles, and practices of theatre layout, production, and stage management.
- Knowledge of basic computer functions and ability to learn applicable computer applications (Tessitura).
- Ability to meet physical requirements as determined by position to include lifting and moving objects up to 50 pounds, standing for extended periods, and ascending/descending stairs.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to demonstrate effective customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain and improve personal and team effectiveness, and foster change and creativity.
- Theater ticketing experience preferred.
- Tessitura experience a plus.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-358-2773 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
One of the nation's elite research universities, Florida State University preserves, expands, and disseminates knowledge in the sciences, technology, arts, humanities, and professions, while embracing a philosophy of learning strongly rooted in the traditions of the liberal arts and critical thinking. Founded in 1851, Florida State University is the oldest continuous site of higher education in Florida. FSU is a community steeped in tradition that fosters research, encourages creativity, and embraces diversity. At FSU, there’s the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow’s news!
Learn more about our university and campuses.
Anticipated Salary Range
The anticipated rate of pay will be mid 30's annually and will be based on the education, skills, and experience of the selected candidate.
Museum employees also receive:
- Regular training on upcoming exhibitions
- Private gallery talks with curators
- Discounts on memberships
- Discounts in the museum store
- Discounts on select performances/events
- Free museum admission and much more!
This is an USPS (University Support Personnel System) position.
FSU Total Rewards
FSU offers a robust Total Rewards package. Visit our website to learn more about our Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Recognition, and Employee Development programs.
Use our interactive tool to calculate Total Compensation options based on potential salary, benefits and retirement contributions, earned leave, and other employment-related perks.
Soft Money Funded Position
This position is time-limited based on soft money funding, with renewal contingent upon available funds and the needs of the University.
Working hours for this position are Wednesday through Sunday based on performance and event scheduling. The incumbent will be required to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, special events and holidays based on the needs of The Ringling.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.