WHO WE ARE
Based in Plain City, Ohio, Select Sires Inc., is the largest global A.I. cooperative and is comprised of six farmer-owned and -controlled local organizations in the United States. As the industry leader, it provides highly fertile semen, as well as excellence in service and programs to supply dairy and beef producers with the world's best genetics.
Select Sires, Inc. seeks individuals to join our team as a Livestock Technician. This hourly, non-exempt position is located at our Plain City, OH facility and reports to the Production Supervisor. The starting wage for a Livestock Technician is $16.50 per hour.
The work schedule is Monday through Friday. Shifts vary dependent upon the facility. Shift schedules include 5:30 AM – 2:00 PM, 6:00 AM – 2:30 PM, 7and 1:00 PM – 9:30 PM. Holiday and weekend work on a rotating schedule is required. Work schedules and duties are subject to change to meet departmental needs. Full-time and part-time positions are available.
Livestock Technician Benefits;
- Paid Time Off with accrual beginning on start date
- 401(K) Retirement Plan with Employer Contribution
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, Accident, Critical Illness, Legal Plans, Identity Protection
- Employer-Paid Life, and Accidental Death Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Select Sires offers employees competitive compensation packages that include flexible benefits,
- Professional development though mentoring and internal and external training,
- Advancement opportunities through career planning,
- A culture instilled by a commitment to excellence, a passion for customer success and high ethical standards,
- Focus that includes work/life balance,
- Community oriented mindset as a major contributor to local organizations and events
Specific duties and responsibilities of a Livestock Technician include, but are not limited to,
- Serve as a positive representation of the Select Sires, Inc. Mission: To enhance the productivity and profitability of dairy and beef producers, Select Sires is committed to be the premier provider of highly fertile, superior genetics accompanied by effective reproductive- and herd-management products and services.
- Cleansing and maintaining building, grounds, and equipment
- Collect semen using established safety protocols
- Handle bulls in a manner to properly stimulate semen collection
- Operate company vehicles, trucks, trailers, and farm equipment
- Perform general livestock care, including feeding, cleaning, moving bulls and steers, health testing, veterinary treatments, and hoof trimming
- Great verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Capability to prioritize tasks.
- Capacity to function well in a high-paced environment.
- Reliable means of transportation to report to work on-time
Preferred Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to constantly (6 – 8 hours) stand/walk, bend/stoop, push/pull over 100 lbs.
- Ability to frequently (3 – 6 hours) twist, knee lift (18”-29”) 21 lbs. – 50 lbs., waist lift (30”-36”) 21 lbs. – 50 lbs., chest lift (37”-60”) 21 lbs. – 50 lbs., overhead lift (>60”) 0 lbs. – 20 lbs., carry 21 lbs. – 50 lbs.
- Ability to occasionally (1 – 3 hours) squat/kneel
- Ability to seldom (0 – 1 hours) sit, climb stairs, crawl, floor lift (0-17”) 0 lbs. – 20 lbs.