Summer College Intern-Power Generation Division Central Lab Internship
Florida Power & Light Company is America’s largest electric company, providing clean, affordable, and reliable electricity to more than 12 million people in Florida. We operate one of the cleanest power generation fleets in the U.S. and our reliability is among the best in the nation. Our goal is to achieve Real Zero carbon emissions from our operations by 2045 by expanding our solar capacity, increasing battery storage and bringing new renewable energy opportunities to Florida, while improving customer affordability and reliability. Are you interested in becoming a game-changer in the energy industry? Join our world-class team today!
Position Specific Description
Under direct supervision, this entry level technical internship performs and documents laboratory analyses in a safe and timely manner in accordance with approved test methods and NELAC/TNI/ASTM quality control requirements.
Develops knowledge and skills within a specific practice area. Evaluates, selects, and applies standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform a task or sequence of tasks for conventional projects with few complex features. Collaboratively uses judgment to determine adaptations in methods for non-routine aspects of assignments. Works on small projects or portions of larger projects.
Candidates must have cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher to be considered
Some of the responsibilities for our engineering internships are listed below:
- Entry level technical position performs and documents laboratory analyses in a safe and timely manner in accordance with approved test methods and NELAC/TNI/ASTM quality control requirements.
- Generate reports of analyses and maintain computer database.
- Maintain proper sample integrity, preservation and logs.
- Properly manage waste generation.
- Job may include other misc. duties as assigned.
- Analysis / Lab/ Experience in one or more of Organics, Inorganics, Lubricating Oil is desired
Those pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Chemistry will be considered. A strong computer science background in addition to Chemistry is preferred..
ONLY accepting freshman and sophomore students pursuing their bachelor’s degree at this time.
MUST be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
LOCATION: West Palm Beach, Florida
To be considered for an internship, you must be actively enrolled at a college or university as a full-time student seeking a bachelor’s degree or higher. You must also have a current cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher (on a 0.00 to 4.00 scale).
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists department with assigned projects
- Completes challenging projects and assignments
- Presents final project to senior leadership at the end of the internship
- Assumes responsibility for own travel, lodging, and transportation necessary to be available for the program
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High school grad / GED
- Maintain active enrollment in a Bachelor or higher degree program
- Maintain cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher