Campus Service Officer (Team Leader)
Job Description: The Campus Service Officer program is a support unit inside the CSU Police Department. Campus Service Officers are students trained by the police department to provide support to the CSUPD year-round, including during events (i.e., football games, concerts, rallies)
- Seeking a self-motivated, multi-tasking, organized student employee who can demonstrate verbal and social communication skills.
- May work up 25 hrs/week, but average 15. CSO hours are generally scheduled from 6 p.m. and 1 a.m. seven days a week.
- Must be willing to work during the fall and spring semesters. There are hours available for breaks, but not required.
- Supervisory responsibilities to include scheduling, training, and quality control of CSO work product.
Campus Service Officers (Team Leader) offer many services, including:
- Housing patrols
- General patrols
- Building lock-up
- Bike registration
- Community outreach
- Scheduling and Staffing
- Primary point of contact for other CSO's
Students do NOT have to have a desire to work in law enforcement to work as a Campus Service Officer. Our Campus Service Officers come from many backgrounds and academic majors.
- Positive attitude
- Prior CSO Experience
- Critical thinking skills
Hourly Pay Rate: Entry level hourly rate is $15.00/hr. There are also pay raises available, determined by on the job experience.
Benefits Information: Employee Benefits information can be found on HR’s Website.
Number of Openings: There will be up to 2 positions available.
Start Date: Individual applicants will be contacted once the application deadline has been reached with instructions for moving forward in the selection process.
Background Check: Colorado State University will conduct background checks on all final candidates.