Catering / Bakeshop Team Member
Why work at Catering/Bakeshop/CPK on CSU Campus?
Working at CSU’s Catering Department, Bakeshop, and Central Production Kitchen (CPK) is an uncommon and rewarding experience. Functioning within Residential Dining Services, we offer a job established in food service while also offering experience in creativity, customer service, and skill development including communication and collaboration. Being a part of three different units, there is a variety in daily tasks, helping you build many workplace skills while also creating an engaging environment. The Catering department is a community minded job and provides opportunities for you to use your creativity freely and network with customers and staff across campus. Our team is a fun, small knit group. Focused on your success, we understand that your student life comes first meaning that the team works around your school and personal schedule. Working at our units will offer you a rare experience therefore being an opportunity hard to deny. Summer 2023 availability preferred.
This position, working out of The Bakery @CSU, will act as a general foodservice worker and perform a variety of supportive foodservice work including, but not limited to baking, preparing, and cooking both hot and cold food, tasting food, packing meals and desserts, preparing to-go orders, cleaning tasks, following safety and sanitation procedures etc. When there are catering events scheduled, the position will also perform in all facets of catering operations including but not limited to set up and take down of events, interacting with guests, taking orders, and providing guests with the correct food and drink while maintaining working knowledge of allergies and food safety. Must learn the rules and regulations of dining services and orient themselves with the facility to be able to organize and prioritize work assignments within established operating procedures and guidelines. Must be able to work in varying work conditions and be on your feet for extended periods of time.
Employment is offered on a semester-by-semester basis and year-round employment is available based on operational need. Benefits include a flexible schedule, a free meal per shift, and professional development and learning opportunities.
1. Valid driver’s license.
- Learn and ensure self-compliance with all food safety & sanitation guidelines, to include health safety protocols for food safety workers as described by the University.
- Ensure high-quality customer service.
- Must be able to comprehend written instructions for equipment operation, chemical supplies, safety instruction, policies, and guidelines.
- Meet daily scheduling requirements and accomplish all tasks in a timely fashion.
- Attend all required trainings and meetings.
- Learn and follow all guidelines contained in the employee handbook.
- Understand and follow Colorado State University policies, including the Principles of Community.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Currently enrolled in a higher education degree seeking program
Work-study positions are available; the applicant must be eligible for work-study to qualify. If offered a work-study award, applicant must accept the award through the Financial Aid tab in RAMweb.
Colorado State University may conduct background checks on all final candidates.
Positions Available: 20
Colorado State University is an EO/EA/AA employer.
Employee Benefit information can be found on HRs Website: https://hr.colostate.edu/current-employees/benefits
- Green CSU Dining Services and Grey HDS Catering t-shirts will be issued by the employer to be worn for every shift.
- Aprons and nametags are to be worn, issued by employer.
- Solid color pants are to be worn at all working times (no sweatpants, leggings, wind pants, etc.)
- Long hair must be pulled back away from the face and off the shoulders by an approved hair restraint (hairnet, employer-issued baseball hats).
- If the employee wishes to keep a beard, a hairnet must be worn at all times.
- It is the responsibility of the employee to keep the uniform in a clean, acceptable appearance.