Substance Misuse Prevention Student Assistant
The CSU Health Network is seeking to hire a Substance Misuse Prevention Assistant for the Spring 2023 semester. This position works with the Manager of Substance Misuse Prevention and Assessment, as part of the CSU Health Network Health Education and Prevention Services (HEPS) team. This position works collaboratively to prevent substance misuse and abuse with students at the individual, group and community level.
Under the supervision of the Manager of Substance Misuse Prevention and Assessment, the Substance Misuse Prevention Assistant is responsible for:
- Assisting in developing, implementing, and evaluating alcohol, tobacco, cannabis, and other drug misuse prevention strategies for the CSU student population.
- Assisting in further development of collegiate recovery support initiatives
- Researching current substance use trends and topics as they relate to the college population.
- Presenting/facilitating on substance use prevention topics to student audiences.
- Communicating weekly with supervisor about project(s) and status.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Manager of Substance Misuse Prevention and Assessment.
Collaboration and Teamwork:
- Collaborating with Ram Recovery and student groups on assigned projects.
- Collaborating with other HEPS professional staff and/or student assistants on joint projects.
- Participating in substance abuse prevention related campus and community committees and/or coalitions alongside the Manager of Substance Misuse Prevention and Assessment.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Current CSU student, or Colorado School of Public Health MPH student based at CSU for the 2022-2023 academic year
- Reasonable flexibility of hours available to work, including some weekday nights and weekends
- Professional writing skills
- Experience with presentation/facilitation skills with small and large groups
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Experience managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Demonstrated experience with including diversity, equity, inclusion and justice practices in their work and/or academic career
- Current graduate student in health-related degree program.
- Experience in planning, developing, implementing, and/or evaluating programs
Information about career competencies can be found: https://career.colostate.edu/employer-resources/career-competencies/.
Conditions of Employment
- Background Check – Colorado State University may conduct background checks on final candidates.
- Employee Health - for the protection of patients and staff, the CSU Health Network follows CDC guidelines for employee health. Vaccinations must be up to date according to CSU Health Network Employee Health policy, or you must be willing to become current with requirements.
Expected Start Date / Work Schedule
- Expected start date: 1/17/2023
- Expected end date: Summer Semester 2023
- Schedule: Work hours are between Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, with occasional weekday evenings and weekends. This position will work 15-20 hours per week during the academic semester.
Please submit by email to Monica Keele at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter that addresses the minimum and preferred qualifications, work study status, and available working hours for Spring 2023 semester.
Employee benefit information can be found on HR’s Website at: https://hr.colostate.edu/current-employees/benefits/.
Student Hourly / Work-Study Applicants
This position is open to student hourly and work-study applicants. If you are a work-study applicant, you must be eligible for work-study to apply.
Hourly Pay Rate
$13.97 an hour
Number of Openings
Posting Submit Date: 12/2/2022
Posting Close Date:12/17/2022 at 5:00 PM for full consideration