Research Assistant for PLHC
Seeking a self‐motivated, independent, multi‐tasking, organized, professional student employee who possesses strong verbal and written communication skills, exceptional critical thinking and analytical abilities, and well-developed primary and secondary historical research skills to provide research assistance to the Public Lands History Center
*This is an open pool position. You can apply to this position and we pull applicants from this pool as positions become available throughout the year.
Research, write, and develop a diverse range of public history project deliverables, critically assess them, and work with principal investigators, PLHC staff, and external partner organizations to complete projects that have real-world impact on public lands management and the public’s understanding of the histories of public lands.
Salary: $15.00 an hour and up (depending on project budget)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Work independently and efficiently as well as with teams.
- Well-developed primary and secondary historical research skills and mature understanding of historic methodology.
Preferred Skills :
- Preference will be given to applicants who are current students within the Department of History MA program
- Knowledge of the following is desirable in any combination: GIS, Digital Humanities Tools, Oral History, Repeat Photography, Archival Research, Historic Interpretation, Public Engagement/Public Programming, Exhibit Development/Assessment, Curriculum Development, Cultural Resource Management, Historic Preservation, Architectural History, US History, History of Race, History of Gender, Women’s History, Colorado History, Environmental History, History of the American West, History of Public Lands, History of National Parks.
Number of Openings: Varies according to project
Start Date: As early as January 2023 but Varies according to project
Hourly Requirements: Varies according to project
Background Check Language: Colorado State University may conduct background checks on all final candidates.
Benefit information: Employee benefit information can be found on HR's website: https://hr.colostate.edu/hr-community-and-supervisors/benefits/benefits-eligibility/
Additional Requirements: For the protection of CSU students and staff, the CSU Health Network follows CDC guidelines for employee health. Vaccinations must be up to date according to CSU policy, or you must be willing to become current with requirements. Additional information can be found here: https://covid.colostate.edu/kb/vaccinations-for-csu-faculty-staff-and-students/
Required Application Documents, please upload:
· Single-page CV (include ONLY relevant public history experience and training)
· Single-page cover letter
· Unofficial CSU Transcript
· List of three references. If you are a first year student, at least one of your references must be a CSU faculty member. Second year students must include at least two CSU faculty members.