Physical Therapy Aide
The Physical Therapy Aide position at CSU Health Network exposes the student to the care of orthopedic / sports medicine patients as well as general medical conditions in the outpatient setting.
The Physical Therapy Aide will assist a licensed Physical Therapist in treating patients and may include the following job duties:
- The use of ultrasound, electrical stimulation, heat, ice, paraffin, teaching proper crutch usage to patients and / or assisting patients with exercise programs.
- Involvement in the day to day operation of the department:
- Cleaning treatment rooms and areas
- Filing patient charts
- Scheduling appointments
- Answering the phone
- Performing opening / closing procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, Skills
- This is a work-study position; applicant must be eligible for work-study to apply
- Ability to follow all HIPAA and confidentiality policies and procedures
Preferred Education, Experience, Skills
- Pre-program for PT, OT, MD, PA, RN or other area of medical or allied health care field
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to take initiative
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Accurate, detail oriented and organized
Information about career competencies can be found: https://career.colostate.edu/employer-resources/career-competencies/.
Conditions of Employment
- Background Check – Colorado State University may conduct background checks on final candidates. (leave as is)
- Employee Health - For the protection of patients and staff, the CSU Health Network follows CDC guidelines for employee health. Vaccinations must be up to date according to CSU Health Network Employee Health policy, or you must be willing to become current with requirements
Expected Start Date / End Date/ Work Schedule
Start Dates of January 2023 and August 2023 / End dates may rollover into Spring Semester 2024 depending on department needs and employee availability/eligibility / 10 hours per week
Employee benefit information can be found on HR’s Website at: https://hr.colostate.edu/current-employees/benefits/.
This is a work-study position; applicant must be eligible for work-study to apply.
Hourly Pay Rate: $13.60 per hour
Number of Openings
5 - two (2) work-study students to start in January 2023 and three (3) work- study students to start in August 2023