SOE Main Office Student Assistant
The School of Education is dedicated to creating effective, caring and transformational future educators and leaders. We offer multiple degree programs and certificates to undergraduate, master and doctoral level. The programs offer students with the opportunity to gain skills through coursework and real life classroom experience.
We are seeking a dependable student(s) to assistant and support the School of Education main office staff and faculty. The candidates must be self-direct, organized and team oriented. The applicants are highly encouraged to stay with the School of Education for multiple semesters, summer hours and breaks. Weekly schedule is determined based on the student course schedule and availability between office hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. (Monday to Friday).
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a main office staff member, greet/direct students and guests as they enter the SOE main office (Education room 209), answer phones. V/WC
- Assist the SOE staff with accurate record-keeping, office management, equipment rental/tracking, and various digital video editing. DP
- Manage and order office supplies & equipment
- Partner with SOE faculty on various projects related to program operation and maintenance. TW
- Assist in textbook adoptions working with publishers and CSU Bookstore for SOE courses every semester.
- Maintain workplace confidentiality, demonstrate punctuality, and practice professional communication. PA
- Maintain a clean main office space, mailroom, kitchen or conference rooms
- Prioritize responsibilities in meeting work/project deadlines while maintaining a successful level of completion. CT/PS
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Digital Proficiency with Office 365 Suite, Adobe, and other various technologies.
- Professional oral and written communication skills. V/WC
- Self-starter and able to problem solve using available resources. CT/PS
- Works independently and efficiently and demonstrates critical thinking to process/policy revisions/updates.
- All degrees encouraged to apply including areas of accounting, human resource management, and computer information systems.
Start date: January 25, 2023
Estimated hours: 10 hours per week
Number of openings: 2
Hourly Pay Rate: $13.65 and/or commensurate with experience
To apply, please submit via Handshake:
- Work-study award letter
- Spring 2023 course schedule.
Next steps and interview date will be shared with those moving forward.
Benefit Information: Employee Benefit information can be found on HR's Website https://hr.colostate.edu/current-employees/benefits/
Colorado State University may conduct background checks on final candidates.