ANIMA001319 Animal Care Technician Sr (Weekend Technician)
Northern California Institute for Research and Education (NCIRE) is the leading nonprofit research institute in the United States devoted to advancing Veterans health research. NCIRE is part of one of the world’s most dedicated and successful Veterans care communities, pioneering new treatments and understandings of military medicine and care.
Along with our partners at the San Francisco VA Health Care System and the University of California, San Francisco, we are working to discover and develop effective, safe, and practical treatments for military injuries and diseases affecting Veterans. Through new technologies, novel scientific insights, and international clinical collaborations, we strive to set a new standard of health care research for Veterans and military personnel.
Under general supervision of the Director of Animal Care, Supervisors and team leader or Health Care Technicians, has responsibility for support for health care and/or environmental control activities and work directly related to the collection, receiving, housing and handling, evaluation, breeding, nutrition, treatment, and disposition of a wide variety of animals. Supports the Director and other staff in such areas as husbandry, research animal production, management, disease recognition, general maintenance and operation of the VMU.
1. Routine husbandry for rodents and occasional large animals, including rabbits.
2. Weekend duties include daily welfare checks for all animals at two locations
3. Assist with cage washing and other equipment
4. Routine maintenance of ventilated caging components and other equipment.
6. Physical maintenance and sanitation of the vivarium
7. Proper maintenance and troubleshooting of VMU equipment and machinery.
8. Finding and reporting health checks to veterinary staff
9. Cage counts and census of every room
10. Tagging cages for weaning, health checks, and mortality reports
11. Performs other related duties as assigned
1. Degree: High school diploma
2. Years of experience 2-3 years’ experience working with animals
3. Certifications: AALAS certificate preferred
4. Position requires ability to lift minimum of 50 lbs.
5. Valid Driver’s License
The hourly range for this position is $20.79 - $31.73.
Please directly apply by cutting and pasting the below link into your browser. Any applications submitted through this job website will not be considered. All interested candidates must only apply using the link below to be considered.
Or apply by visiting us at www.ncire.org and apply for ANIMA001319 Animal Care Technician Sr (Weekend Technician).
Northern California Institute for Research and Education (NCIRE) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Per San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance, Northern California Institute for Research and Education (NCIRE) will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories
• Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.