2023 Engineering Ram Orientation Staff
Walter Scott, Jr. College of Engineering
Colorado State University
Engineering Ram Orientation Staff: Summer 2023
Description: The Walter Scott, Jr. College of Engineering (WSCOE) is currently looking for Summer Orientation Staff to assist with 2023 Ram Orientation events, including Fall 2023 registration processes. To apply for a Summer Orientation Staff position within the WSCOE, applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Currently admitted as a full-time student in the WSCOE;
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher;
- Ability to effectively communicate with others;
- Demonstrates a positive and welcoming attitude to incoming students, guests, and other CSU faculty/staff;
- Ability to work from the end of May 2023 through the end of July 2023 (days off will be coordinated among all summer staff hired).
- Orientation sessions will be held in-person and virtually from June 5 through July 19. There are no sessions June 30 - July 9.
Responsibilities: WSCOE Summer Orientation Staff job requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing information on file for incoming students to ensure proper Fall 2023 course registration;
- Contacting incoming students and families before Ram Orientation to answer questions pertaining to orientation and pre-registration processes, including requests for and collection of transfer credit information from incoming students, Math Placement Tool and Chem Prep information;
- Referring students to additional campus offices and resources as necessary;
- Assisting students with Fall 2023 registration, including navigating RAMweb registration errors that may occur;
- Answering phone calls and email messages pertaining to WSCOE Ram Orientation events and processes;
- Serving as a positive role model and mentor for incoming students and as a positive ambassador for the WSCOE;
- Ram Orientation will be hosted partially on a virtual platform for Summer 2023, therefore some responsibilities will take place using Zoom, MS Teams and/or via email with other staff, incoming students, etc.
- Staff will also engage in a high proportion of autonomous project work
Please note that only Engineering majors should apply for these positions due to the specific nature of the job responsibilities and the student population being served.
$15.00 per hour at 15-20 hours per week (depending on students availability)
Position Start date: May 22, 2023
- Submit your Resume and Cover Letter to Handshake
- Interviews will be scheduled with qualified candidates based on required and preferred qualifications for the position
- References may be requested at a later date
The priority deadline for applications is Thursday, March, 30th, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. with additional applications being accepted on a rolling basis as necessary.
-Colorado State University may conduct background checks on final candidates
-Employee benefit information can be found on HR’s Website at https://hr.colostate.edu/current-employees/benefits/