Life Scientist/Physical Scientist/Environmental Engineer-R4
These positions are in Region 4, Superfund and Emergency Management Division, Restoration and Site Evaluation Branch, Restoration and Site Evaluation Section.
This is an office-centered position--you must physically report to the duty station stated in this announcement on a regular basis. Partial work-from-home flexibilities may be authorized.
About Region 4: https://www.epa.gov/aboutepa/about-epa-region-4-southeast
At the entry level of this position you will:
- Participate in cleanup actions for toxic and hazardous waste sites.
- Assist the senior Remedial Project Manager (RPM) with overseeing and monitoring contractual work.
- Participate in monitoring cleanup efforts.
- Participate in enforcement activities.
- Participate in community relations activities.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses.
See the USAJOBS application for details on qualifications and eligibility.