Contract Compliance Technician: Concessions Department - Denver International Airport
- All interested candidates must apply through our company website at:
Denver International Airport (DEN) is the third-busiest airport in the United States and one of the top ten busiest airports in the world, connecting our community globally through flight and business. DEN is the primary economic engine for the state of Colorado, generating more than $33 billion for the region annually and employing nearly 30,000 people. At DEN, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. We celebrate individuality and uplift all races, ethnicities, gender identities, national origins, ages, abilities, religion, and LGBTQIA+ communities. We know that our diversity makes us stronger, and we strive to keep diversity, equity, and inclusion at the center of all that we do
The essential mission of the Concession Division at DEN is to grow airport revenues through the timely and efficient implementation and management of diverse projects concession contracts, while simultaneously enhancing the customer experience at the Airport. The Contract Compliance Technician will play a key role in this mission by interacting with managers of restaurants, retail shops, services and advertising contracts to ensure business operations are in line with Airport standards and goals. The Contract Compliance Technician will routinely provide marketing and operation support to business owners at DEN and will work with other department teams at DEN to ensure commercial operations needs are met. The Contract Compliance Technician is responsible for understanding and communicating key financial trends and indicators. Excellent oral and written communication, analytical, retail marketing, and client relations skills are critical to this position.
This team is responsible for performing various inspections of concessionaires (retail, service and restaurant). Primary duties for this role will include operational inspections (I.e., pricing, merchandising, ancillary space(s), hours of operation, ADA accessibility, and safety, etc.) to ensure our concessionaires are operating within code compliance, and other compliance review and inspections to ensure compliance with contract provisions, collaborating with multiple stakeholders to resolve daily operational challenges and evaluates operational performance. The ideal candidate will have a history of sound business judgment, strong customer service, relationship building and technical skills.
Additionally, as a Contract Compliance Technician, you can expect to:
- Supports contract and operational oversight to ensure compliance, reviews, reports, and/or resolves areas of non-compliance, and addresses other concerns as necessary
- Supports maintenance of contract files throughout the terms of the contract, assists in completing status reports for management, and processes close-out documents at conclusion
- Meet with business owners and managers in a business-friendly way to find new and creative ways to grow revenue and improve customer service
- Perform inspections of airport commercial concession spaces, and associated support space, to ensure overall aesthetics of the location are in first-class condition, meet the airport's design guideline, and maximize revenue opportunities
- Ensure compliance with safety codes and contract provisions
- Read, understand and be conversant on contract provisions and requirements.
- Communicate with people at all levels within and external to the organization
- Support concourse team as a liason between the City and local concession operators to assist with day-to-day operational and business support needs
- Champion continuous improvement and embrace training and development opportunities
- Assist with coordinating and resolving complex customer, tenant and contractor issues
- Assist with financial and business planning and analysis, including strategies to meet business needs of the Concessions program
- Generates financial spreadsheets to track expended contract dollars, contract balances, and/or concession revenues
- Prepares written reports to document vendor and contractor performance and closes out contract activity
- By position, provides special technical support, furnishes information, and answers questions
- By position, reviews required submittals and documentation necessary for payment and performs mathematical calculations to ensure accuracy and correctness of submitted billing statements
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Attention of Detail – Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Information Management – Identifies a need for and knows where or how to gather information; organizes and maintains information or information management systems.
- Problem Solving – Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
- Reading – Understands and interprets written material, including technical material, rules, regulations, instructions, reports, charts, graphs, or tables; applies what is learned from written material to specific situations.
- Writing – Writes in a clear, concise, organized, and convincing manner for the intended audience
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate.
- Experience: Three (3) years of clerical experience
- Equivalency: Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
FBI Background Check: FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony convictions and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance and be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.
Snow / Emergency Duties: Denver International Airport is a 24/7/365 team operation. If weather conditions warrant or an emergency crisis occurs, all DEN employees can be required to work extended hours and/or shifts.