Human Resources Internship
Woodward supports our members’ wellbeing and regularly benchmarks with other companies in our industry to offer an extensive Total Reward package for this position. Salary will be determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
- Estimated hourly pay: $18(minimum) - $26 (midpoint)
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
Are you ready to make your mark? If you’re looking for a Human Resources or Communications Internship, we have an exciting opportunity for you! The purpose of an internship at Woodward is to provide students with the opportunity to gain exposure and “real life” business acumen within the Aerospace and Energy Industry. Our internships also provide students with the opportunity to learn and gain practical experience and to work in areas related to their academic and/or career interests. Gain hands-on experience while working on challenging projects, network with professionals and learn from some of the brightest minds in business. The experience also gives the intern opportunity for potential full-time employment with the company.
What’s In It For You
At Woodward, our “employees” are called and treated as “members” and we’ve created a culture that appreciates and values the contributions of every member. It’s an inclusive, positive, collaborative, and socially responsible environment where members work together for outstanding outcomes.
What you will be doing
- Complete tasks on computer using MS Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Interact effectively with team members daily. Share opinions and ask questions relevant to the work and/or his or her study program.
- Work independently on assigned tasks with some supervisory oversight.
- Recognize problems which are beyond intern’s capabilities and learn from the experts in the area.
- Work assigned tasks to meet schedule and may coordinate details with other departments.
- Maintain good attendance and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Present year-end presentation of Woodward internship experience.
- Must report GPA status to leader on a quarterly/semester basis.
- Other functions will vary based on the assigned work area.
- May rotate assignments to gain additional business experience.
What We Are Looking For
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Competent skills in problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Competent in the use of PCs, MS Office Programs, and other associated software.
- Ability to effectively operate in a team environment.
- Effective time management skills.
- Solid knowledge of the English language with the ability to speak, read and write along with good listening skills.
- Good marks in relevant subjects.
- Possess high motivation, flexibility, and ability to work on his/her own.
Education or Formal Training
- Must be at least a sophomore in an accredited College or University program and have an acceptable grade point average.
- Degree program in Finance and/or Accounting or related field.
No experience required. Previous internship or other working experience, a plus.
This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons.
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer