Environmental Integration Engagement Intern, Summer/Fall 2023
Environmental Integration Engagement Internship, Summer/Fall 2023
Be part of an innovative team and culture...
The Environmental Integration (EI) Team is responsible for developing and delivering initiatives to achieve Disney’s 2030 environmental goals, which include a focus on emissions, water & oceans, waste & plastics, materials and sustainable design.
A Day in the Life...
As a WDW EI Engagement intern, you will support the creation of communication, visual assets, presentation materials and websites to engage and influence Cast Members to act with the environment in mind. This internship opportunity provides experience working with leaders and Cast across the organization, contributing to culture change in support of environmental sustainability. We are looking for results-oriented communicators with graphic design and web design experience.
- Create environmental content and distribute timely communication to leaders and Cast at the Walt Disney World Resort.
- Develop and design clever and strategic visuals across a variety of mediums, including visual aids, digital slides, presentations, infographics and more.
- Build and maintain a new Environmental HUBsite (intranet website) that houses content and resources for leaders and Cast.
- Contribute to the development of engagement strategies and tactics that support environmental sustainability initiatives at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Facilitate photo and video shoots in support of content creation efforts.
- Participate in collaborative project discussions.
What we are looking for...
- Writing and presentation skills
- Experience with web design.
- An eye for design basics including layout, composition and typography
- Ability to work under deadlines and manage multiple priorities while maintaining professional poise
- Ability to work well independently or in a group and is a self-starter
- Proficiency in basic computer functions necessary to operate in a Mac/MS Office environment
- Proficiency in MS Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, with a willingness to become proficient.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Experience with web design in a WordPress environment
- Understanding of visual communication for storytelling with a willingness to explore creative techniques
- Passionate and knowledgeable about environmental sustainability
- Familiar with Disney’s 2030 environmental goals
- Currently a Junior or Senior studying or holding an undergraduate degree in Communications, Graphic Design or Web Design, or other related fields
- Cover letter OR samples of Writing AND Design work/Portfolio link
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney Internship or Program
- Must be compliant with The Disney Look appearance guidelines
- Must be able to work FULL TIME hours (approximately 40 hours per week) Monday - Friday for the duration of the internship.
- Program Length -- the approximate dates of this internship are June 2023 through January 2024
- Transportation -- Must have reliable transportation to/from work
- Housing -- We provide limited housing opportunities for Florida Based Professional Interns through American Campus Communities, for more information click here
- Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete an interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for an interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.