Noise/Air Enviromental Specialist Req 207646
This position is located in Topeka, Kansas at the Eisenhower State Office Building, and is within the Right of Way office. This position provides KDOT with management and expertise necessary to address environmental responsibilities appropriately and project schedules and budgets are maintained.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Is responsible for providing Agency expertise and management on environmental responsibilities associated with Agency operations.
- Serves as KDOT’s highway traffic noise expert. Maintains technical expertise in the evaluation of highway related traffic noise and noise attenuation features.
- Provides information and recommendations to KDOT management and local public officials on noise related issues such as legislative inquires, concerns from impacted citizens and the feasibility of noise abatement.
- As needed, provides information and testimony to the office of Chief Counsel on legal issues related to highway traffic noise.
- Plans, organizes, manages, and participates as needed, in traffic noise reviews and analyses for all transportation construction projects to conform with and federal and state laws and regulations.
- Selects and applies appropriate mathematical and statistical models to identify and evaluate traffic noise environments. Prepares scientific reports, correspondence, and support documentation.
- Graduate from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in Environmental Health Science, Industrial Hygiene, or related natural science.
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate environmental studies with appropriate departments and agencies.
- Ability to prepare, evaluate and edit technical reports and analyses.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Kansas Tax Clearance Certificate required in accordance with Executive Order 2004-03. Each applicant (even non-residents) who is selected for a State of Kansas job vacancy must apply for a Tax Clearance Certificate within 10 days from the date of the offer letter by accessing the Kansas Department of Revenue's (KDOR) website at https://www.kdor.ks.gov/apps/taxclearance/Status.aspx.