ENpower Bridge and Peer Mentoring Program Mentor
The ENpower Bridge and Peer Mentoring Program is a year-long program that begins a week before fall courses start. Our ENpower Bridge program is designed to aid students from historically excluded backgrounds with their transition to the University. The 2022-2023 ENpower program will be conducted in-person and will take place August 13th-17th. Prior to the program mentors will undergo training for the program and subsequent engagements for the academic year. During the ENpower Bridge program mentors will help facilitate activities during the day and evening as well as serve as an initial connection for incoming students to the CSU Community. Mentors will be assigned to a group of participants (mentees) at the beginning of the program and will support them throughout the course of the academic year. After the program ends mentors will continue to work with their mentees from bridge week as well as be assigned a roster of incoming mentees who did not participate in the program. Throughout the course of the academic year mentors will host a variety of activities as well as attend bi-weekly meetings to discuss mentee engagement and support.
• 2.5 or higher cumulative GPA
• Attend mentor training prior to ENpower program (August 2-4th, 2023)
• Availability for ENpower Bridge Week mentor training and program the week of August 13th-17th, 2023
• Ability to host weekly office hours (2hrs/week)
- Emotional intelligence to help mentees experiencing housing, roommate, or personal conflict.
- Ability to facilitate appropriate resources to mentees in need.
• Availability to attend biweekly staff meetings, events, and check-in’s during academic year.
• Availability to support Engineering Success Center during department events.
• Initiative to create at least one activity or event per semester centered around student success and engagement.
• Initiative to develop mentor curriculum to successfully outreach to mentees and keep them engaged.
• Commitment to inclusive excellence and providing inclusive spaces to students from historically excluded backgrounds.
Background Check Statement: Colorado State University may conduct a Background check on all final candidates.
Benefit statement: Benefit Information: Employee Benefit information can be found on HR’s Website: https://hr.colostate.edu/current-employees/benefits/.