Summer 2023 Engineering Success Center Front Desk Team
Please attach your summer school /vacation schedule showing your availability.
An Engineering Success Center (ESC) Front Desk Team member represents the Walter Scott College of Engineering (WSCOE) and often is the first point of contact for future engineering students. Team members support the work of the Academic Student Affairs (ASA) office regarding engineering student success. Areas of support include recruitment activities, academic advising, diversity programs, scholarships, and career readiness.
Types of duties performed:
- Assist prospective and current engineering students, engineering staff, faculty, parents, industry leaders and other guest in person, through email, telephone or a web chat feature providing them with information or directing them to the correct staff.
- Create and edit documents using MS Word and PowerPoint. Manipulate and format data using MS Excel. Use a wide variety of desktop and online software.
- Create, upload, and monitor informational slides for the Engineering TV screens
- Take inventory of office supplies, manage technology peripherals, assist others with technology, file management, process incoming packages, and a myriad of other non-specific duties.
- Assist in the preparation for the events hosted by the college such as Career Fair, Order of the Engineer, and Engineering Exploration Day.
Career Competencies desired:
- Personal accountability
- Digital proficiency
- Verbal and written communication
- Inclusive teamwork
- Critical thinking/problem solving
- Career Development
- Must be available to work pre-agreed upon scheduled hours when the office is open Monday - Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm, except for holidays
- Must be available to job shadow and receive training in advance of start date
- Must be willing to abide by ASA Department Code of Conduct and the ASA Dress Code
- Must attend mandatory meetings and trainings
- Preference will be given to Engineering students due to the nature of the position
- Works study is desired
- $13.65 starting pay
Minimum GPA of 2.5 required
How to apply: Students interested in applying for a WSCOE ESC Front Desk position should complete the online application through Handshake. If you have any questions or difficulty applying through Handshake, please email Estelle at: Estelledavalos.firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications for this position will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Colorado State University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
"Benefit Information: Employee Benefit information can be found on HR’s Website, https://hr.colostate.edu/current-employees/benefits/ "
Graduating May ’24 - May ’27
Freshman, Sophomore, Junior
No Major preference set