NE Wildlife Biologist Intern - three positions
Salary Information: $15 per hour with $500 per month housing stipend. 24-40 hours per week.
Duties: Work in a joint capacity with Pheasants Forever, Inc. (PF), the Nebraska Game & Parks Commission (NGPC) and Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) to assist in the implementation of conservation programs and wildlife management projects. Activities may include conducting CRP contract status reviews, contract coordination and planning, site assessment and monitoring, sign posting and reporting. Intern will work closely with multiple wildlife biologists assisting with various projects related to wildlife management.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
· Must be pursuing a career in wildlife management or natural resources field.
· Must be able to work effectively with private landowners, governmental agency staff and conservation organization representatives.
· Ability to work independently with little supervision.
· Ability to work under adverse weather conditions.
· Must be able to follow detailed verbal and written instructions.
· Valid driver’s license required with an acceptable driving record.
· Complete and comprehend all training as directed by supervisor(s).
· Abide by all company policies, rules and safety regulations as directed.
Training and Experience Guideline:
Any combination of training and/or experience that will enable the applicant to possess the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Applicant must be interested or possess a degree in wildlife management or closely related natural resources field.
Please combine a cover letter that outlines your experience and interest in this position, along with a resume, and three (3) references, as one MS Word document or Adobe Acrobat PDF file before uploading to the “Resume” area of your application on our recruitment website at www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs
PLEASE CLEARLY INDICATE LOCATION PREFERENCE OR SIMPLY SAY “NO LOCATION PREFERENCE”
For more information about the position, contact the following depending on location:
· Lincoln: John McClinton, Farm Bill Biologist III (402)430-5667
· Curtis: Andy Houser, Senior Farm Bill Biologist at (308)340-7929
· Stanton: Harlee Phillips at (402) 276-1638
Pheasants Forever, Inc and Quail Forever is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other category that may be protected by law.