Video Editor - USDA APHIS
Position Summary: We are looking for a current CSU student who knows their way around Adobe Rush or Premiere Pro to edit together a cohesive video of around 5-10 minutes in length. Your work will be on behalf of United States Department of Agriculture's National Animal Health Monitoring Service (NAHMS). The video promotes one of their upcoming studies providing information veterinarians and sheep farmers need about what the study involves and seeks to illuminate.
You'll be given all of the primary video footage you should need and can supplement B-roll from stock websites we have subscriptions to. Study leads and other USDA staff will help oversee your work and answer all your questions so you feel confident editing.
Job Experience Benefits: You'll gain experience working for a U.S. federal government office, which can make you more qualified for federal careers in the future. In addition, you'll gain a high-profile portfolio piece that reaches a national audience. You'll have a deadlines to meet and communication to maintain, but your editing work will be flexible!
- Proficient working knowledge of Adobe Rush and/or Premiere Pro
- Previous video editing experience using either Rush or Premiere
- Experience editing video, adding text, B-roll, and sound to produce a high quality final product
- Proven ability to be a self-starter who is confident communicating over email, online meetings, and in person with important government personnel such as veterinarians, program managers, data analysts, and other communication personnel.
- Familiar with animal agriculture and/or animal health
- Degree in or currently studying video production, journalism and media communication, or closely related field
- Completed coursework and/or other professional training or experience in science communication
In your cover letter, please clearly and explicitly address how you meet the required and/or preferred qualifications for the position. Please also include links to videos you've had the lead role in editing using Adobe Rush or Premiere Pro.
Hourly Rate: $25 per hour
Hours: Flexible. Work is based on the completion and final approval of the video you will edit. Start date is somewhat flexible. Ideally, the video would be completed as soon as possible, but if you need to wait until June to start, we can wait for the right person.
Work Location: You may work remotely and use your own reliable computer. We can cover the cost of 1 to 2 months of an Adobe CC license, stock video footage and photos, and any other software or equipment required for the work. We anticipate this work can be done entirely remote.
Questions: If you would like to be emailed samples of past videos similar to the one we're asking you to edit together or ask other questions, please don't hesitate to email Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefit Information: Employee Benefit information can be found on HR's Website: https://hr.colostate.edu/current-employees/benefits/
*Colorado State University may conduct background checks on final candidates*
*You will also have to pass a U.S. federal government background check to gain access to USDA building, software, and files.*