Foundry Dining Team Member
The Foundry Dining Center is accepting applications for the fall 2023 semester! Secure your job for the fall in The Foundry’s welcoming and diverse community today!
The Foundry offers numerous different stations to work at, from Passport with international dishes to prep positions in the kitchen and everything in-between!
Working with Residential Dining at The Foundry includes a flexible schedule for part-time and full-time hours based on your availability and class schedule, including time-off requests, longevity pay raises, and developing lifelong connections. You will receive a free meal for every shift you work and are eligible for many learning and promotional opportunities. Several supervisor and promotional opportunities are available.
With Residential Dining, we believe in our team members having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career after graduation.
The role of the Team Member can provide you with:
- Experience in restaurant and retail operations, including stocking, basic inventory management, line service, and kitchen prep.
- Experience supporting daily/weekly workload to support business operations, priorities, and moving our vision forward.
- Experience in achieving common goals through teamwork.
- Knowledge of customer service fundamentals and experience building and identifying customer needs.
- Professional development skills, such as effective communication, team building techniques, problem solving and troubleshooting skills, organization, and planning skills, and having a positive attitude and service mindset.
To act in a customer service capacity and perform a variety of supportive foodservice work including, but not limited to: cashier responsibilities, dining room ambassador, packing meals and preparing to-go orders, serving food, tasting food, preparing and cooking both hot and cold food, cleaning tasks, etc. Must learn the rules and regulations of dining services and orient themselves with the facility in order to be able to organize and prioritize work assignments within established operating procedures and guidelines. Must be able to work in varying work conditions and be on your feet for extended periods of time. Employment is offered on a semester by semester basis.
- Meet daily scheduling requirements, including regular attendance.
- Must be able to work in varying work conditions and be on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Must learn the rules and regulations of dining services and orient yourself with the facility
- Prioritize work assignments within established operating procedures and guidelines.
- Learn and ensure self-compliance with all food safety & sanitation guidelines, including health safety protocols for food safety workers as described by the University.
- Provide exceptional service and a dining experience that meets the needs of students and university guests.
- Comprehend written instructions for equipment operation, chemical supplies, safety instructions, policies, and guidelines.
- Learn and follow all guidelines contained in the employee handbook.
- Understand and follow Colorado State University policies, including the Principles of Community.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Currently enrolled in a higher education degree seeking program
Work-study positions are available; the applicant must be eligible for work-study to qualify. If offered a work-study award, applicant must accept the award through the Financial Aid tab in RAMweb.
Colorado State University may conduct background checks on all final candidates.
Positions Available: 50
Colorado State University is an EO/EA/AA employer.
Employee Benefit information can be found on HRs Website: https://hr.colostate.edu/current-employees/benefits