Rams Horn Dining Team Member
Ram’s Horn is now accepting applications for the Fall 2023 Semester! Secure your job for the fall today!
Why Choose Ram’s Horn?
Ram's Horn Dining Center is the largest dining center on campus! We offer a wide variety of stations to work in, ranging from our in-house Coffee Shop to positions assisting cooks in our kitchen and everything in-between! At Ram's Horn, we strive to create a culture of teamwork and community for our customers and employees.
Working at Ram's Horn comes with a myriad of benefits:
- Flexible scheduling for part-time and full-time hours based on your availability and class schedule. We understand you're a student first, and we want you to succeed!
- Free meal for every shift!
- Opportunities to earn raises every semester!
- Time-off Requests
- Paid Sick Leave
- Promotional opportunities for supervisory or managerial roles
- Opportunities to explore a variety of roles, both Front of House and Back of House
- Build lasting connections with your peers and campus community!
- Gain professional skills with our paid leadership courses. Completion of all courses will earn you a pay raise!
At Ram's Horn, we strive to support our Team Members in cultivating meaningful experiences that help them develop a diverse skill set for their careers after graduation. The Team Member role can provide you with:
- Experience in restaurant and retail operations, including stocking, basic inventory management, line service, and kitchen prep.
- Experience balancing daily/weekly workload to support business operations, priorities, and moving our vision forward.
- Experience in achieving common goals through teamwork.
- Knowledge of customer service fundamentals and experience building and identifying customer needs.
- Professional development skills, such as effective communication, team building techniques, problem solving and troubleshooting skills, organization and planning skills, and having a positive attitude and service mindset.
To act in a customer service capacity and perform a variety of supportive foodservice work including, but not limited to: cashier responsibilities, dining room ambassador, packing meals and preparing to-go orders, serving food, tasting food, preparing and cooking both hot and cold food, cleaning tasks, etc. Must learn the rules and regulations of dining services and orient themselves with the facility in order to be able to organize and prioritize work assignments within established operating procedures and guidelines. Must be able to work in varying work conditions and be on your feet for extended periods of time. Employment is offered on a semester by semester basis.
- Meet daily scheduling requirements, including regular attendance.
- Must be able to work in varying work conditions and be on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Must learn the rules and regulations of dining services and orient yourself with the facility
- Prioritize work assignments within established operating procedures and guidelines.
- Learn and ensure self-compliance with all food safety & sanitation guidelines, including health safety protocols for food safety workers as described by the University.
- Provide exceptional service and a dining experience that meets the needs of students and university guests.
- Comprehend written instructions for equipment operation, chemical supplies, safety instructions, policies, and guidelines.
- Learn and follow all guidelines contained in the employee handbook.
- Understand and follow Colorado State University policies, including the Principles of Community.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Currently enrolled in a higher education degree seeking program
Work-study positions are available; the applicant must be eligible for work-study to qualify. If offered a work-study award, applicant must accept the award through the Financial Aid tab in RAMweb.
Colorado State University may conduct background checks on all final candidates.
Positions Available: 160
Colorado State University is an EO/EA/AA employer.
Employee Benefit information can be found on HRs Website: https://hr.colostate.edu/current-employees/benefits