Hersheypark Leadership Development Internship
Apply by clicking the “Apply Externally” button
Working at Hersheypark® isn’t an ordinary internship. Your “office” is an award-winning amusement park, your co-workers are the Hershey Characters, and the memories you make will last a lifetime. During a typical week as a Hersheypark Leadership Development Intern, you work as a Hersheypark Team Member, live alongside fellow interns, and develop your skills in our leadership academy.
- Work at Hersheypark as a Team Member
- Student-Centered Leadership Development coursework with potential to receive internship credit with your college/university
- Housing and Transportation available
- Earn $12-$15/hour with opportunity to work extra hours
- Opportunity to network and create lasting relationships with hundreds of other Interns across the country
- No program fees
This internship is open to all majors including: Hospitality, Business, Engineering, Marketing, Finance, Public Relations/Communications, Information Technology, Hotel/Restaurant Management, Criminal Justice and more.
- This position is located at Hersheypark in one of our operating teams. Opportunities exist in multiple departments and are placed based upon work experience and operational need, however, the majority of interns are placed in Rides/Attractions, Lifeguards, or Food & Beverage.
- This internship experience is ideal for Freshmen through Juniors in college.
- To learn more about this exciting intern program and the departmental job functions, please copy and paste the following link into your browser:
- Application will be screened for program eligibility
- If selected for a virtual interview, you will receive correspondence from our Hiring Team to the email address and phone number attached to your application.
- Please be advised, if selected for this internship you will have 14 days from the date on your offer package to complete and return all required paperwork along with full payment of $150 housing security deposit if applicable.
- With this program being capped at 250 students, admittance will be granted on a first-come, first-serve basis after all required paperwork and payments are received.
Best. Perks. Ever.
- FREE admission to Hersheypark & 15+ amusement parks
- Make new friends from around the world
- Development and advancement opportunities
- Discounts at Hersheypark and across town
- Ability to pick up extra shifts
- After-hours employee parties
- Must be 18 years of age on the day of applying for this position
- This internship is open to college students and recent graduates
- Students residing outside of 50 miles to Hersheypark are required to stay at the company coordinated Housing Complex
- If not utilizing company coordinated housing, reliable transportation to and from work and the Leadership Academy is necessary
- Friendly, upbeat, and enthusiastic
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively
- Abide by Hersheypark appearance standards
- Certain positions will be required to complete pre-employment drug testing and/or a post-employment RAMP certification
- This internship will be scheduled for up to 5 closing shifts and average 40 hours per week (Thursday to Monday)
- Leadership Academy will be held either on Tuesdays or Wednesday of each week (Interns will be paid for classroom time)
- There is an ability for the intern to pick up additional shifts based upon operational demand
- Physical requirements include standing, sitting, walking, and communicating with employees and guests
- The working conditions include indoor and/or outdoor environments with the potential to work in various weather conditions
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.