HOSPITALITY INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Below is the link to apply:
Are you ready to launch your career within the Hospitality industry? Join our summer internship team and create sweet memories for our guests! Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is seeking interns to participate in our 2024 Summer Hospitality Internship Program (HIP). HIP is geared towards college students pursuing a degree from an accredited institution that will support a career in Hospitality & Tourism Management, Food & Beverage, and Recreation Industries.
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are May 2024 through August/September 2024.
Housing: Hershey Entertainment & Resorts has partnered with College Town Communities to provide housing (if interested) for students accepted into the Hospitality Internship Program. Housing is located approximately 20 minutes from downtown Hershey.
277 West Main Street
Middletown, PA 17057
A weekly housing and utilities fee of $145/week, which is inclusive of limited transportation whether utilized or not, will be automatically deducted from student’s paychecks. All applications will require a refundable $150 housing deposit.
Additional information regarding College Town Communities may be found at https://www.offcampushousingharrisburg.com (copy/paste this web address into your web browser). Students may also contact College Town Communities at 717-649-0202 with additional questions.
Following an offer of employment in the Hospitality Internship Program, students requiring housing will receive additional information, including a housing contract. Once students receive the information, they will have 30 business days to complete it to secure housing for the Internship.
Interview Process: Upon completion of the application, your resume will be reviewed and qualified candidates will be asked to participate in a video interview.
A student will be selected to work at The Chocolatier Restaurant, Downtown Restaurant Group (Devon Seafood & Steak and Houlihan’s), Hershey Country Club, Hershey Lodge, Hersheypark Camping Resort, or The Hotel Hershey in one of the following areas of concentration:
Food and Beverage
Interns will supervise in one of our front-of-house food operations. You will have the opportunity to see all aspects of F&B management including service, staff training, inventory management, staff management, operating procedures, and will have exposure to participating in projects such as menu development and program planning for concessions outlets and seasonal events. As an intern you will utilize your customer communication skills to increase productivity while learning the core values that support our mission. Working closely with leadership, you will gain invaluable exposure and experience within the hospitality industry.
To learn more about our Food & Beverage Hospitality Internship please copy and paste the following web address into another browser:
Guest Services and Housekeeping
Interns will utilize their customer communication skills to increase productivity while learning the core values that support our mission. Working closely with leadership, you will gain invaluable exposure and experience within the hospitality industry.
To learn more about our Guest Services and Housekeeping Hospitality Internship please copy and paste the following web address into another browser:
Interns will assist in supervising a staff of recreation team members, learn aquatic skills and facilitate daily recreational activities for our guests. As an intern you will utilize your customer communication skills to increase productivity while learning the core values that support our mission. Working closely with leadership, you will gain invaluable exposure and experience within the hospitality industry.
This position may provide care, supervision, guidance, or control of children or may have regular, ongoing contact with children that is integral to the responsibilities of the position. As a result, in accordance with Pennsylvania's Child Protective Services Law, newly hired candidates are required to obtain the following clearances: a report of criminal history from the Pennsylvania State Police (PSP), Child Abuse History Clearance from the Department of Human Services (Child Abuse), and Fingerprint-based federal criminal history submitted through the Pennsylvania State Police or its authorized agent (FBI). Completed clearances are required to be submitted prior to starting employment.
To learn more about our Recreation Hospitality Internship please copy and paste the following web address into another browser:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be actively enrolled in a College/University and Majoring/Minoring in the Hospitality & Tourism, Food & Beverage, Travel & Tourism or related field
- This internship is open to undergraduate college students graduating after Spring of 2024
- Some positions may require a valid Driver’s License to perform the essential functions of the job
- Must be willing to obtain lifeguard, CPR and first aid certifications upon employment (Recreation Intern's Only)
- Strong customer service skills
- Proven leadership skills with an understanding of conflict resolution and problem solving
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively
- Abide by appearance standards and be able to maintain hospitality standards for the assigned property
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast paced environment
- Keyboarding skills and computer literacy
- Limited transportation will be provided from the housing partner location to Hersheypark, The Hotel Hershey, and the Hershey Lodge. Selected students are responsible for reliable transportation outside of the provided transportation times and destinations
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule based on operational needs, including weekends and holidays
- Physical requirements are based on position to include but are not limited to: standing, sitting, hearing, speaking, reaching, lifting/pushing/carrying (up to 75lbs), bending, and walking
- Flexible work environment requires adaptability to demanding/fast pace, noise and various weather conditions
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity