Intern, Communications (Beijing)
The ICCT is an award-winning, independent, global, non-profit research organization that supports the effective design and implementation of policies to address the impacts of the global transportation sector on climate change and public health. Our organization achieves this by providing high quality and timely data-driven research to public officials at all levels of government - city, state, national, regional and international - as well as to civil society and the media. The ICCT offers a mission-driven and culturally diverse workplace where intelligence, flexibility, transparency, and good humor are highly valued. Join our growing team of talented researchers with offices in Washington D.C., San Francisco, CA, Berlin, Germany, Beijing, China, New Delhi India, and São Paulo, Brazil.
ICCT seeks a creative individual who is passionate about sustainable development and has excellent mass communication and writing skills to join our Beijing office. ICCT’s Beijing office is located in the CBD area of Beijing, China.
To be successful in our environment, you must be intellectually curious, self-directed, and able to work with people from across the globe. The communications intern will support all the communications work of ICCT’s China programs and will report to our China Communications and Public Relations Manager.
- Assist the communication team to implement brand building
- Assist in planning or implement program outreach
- Assist in media cooperation
- Analyze website and social media data
- Assist in carrying out communication event
- Assist in the operations of Wechat’s article official account
- Assist in material translation
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in communications, public relations, environmental studies, English, or relevant majors
- Ability to work 3 days per week for a duration of at least 6 months or longer
- Passionate about sustainable development, environment, and climate change issues; having knowledge of low carbon sustainable transportation policy is preferred
- Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking in English
- Experienced in WeChat’s official account operations
- Great interpersonal skills and result-driven
This internship will be based in our Beijing office and have a duration of 6 months, with the possibility to extend to 12 months. ICCT will provide a laptop and other office equipment as needed. This internship offers a salary of CNY 3,200 a month (96 hours a month), or an amount proportional to the workload allowed by your university.
Please submit a bilingual resume, cover letter, one writing sample in Chinese and one writing sample in English, and a portfolio that can showcase your abilities (not limited to WeChat articles, published papers, event planning, design work, etc.)
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.