EOC Student Administrative Assistant
ACCESS CENTER PURPOSE:
The Access Center develops the talents of those who have been historically underrepresented in postsecondary education (first-generation low-income, ethnically and racially diverse, and non-traditionally aged). By utilizing effective practices, we provide quality services to communities, individuals, and institutions resulting in student success and exemplary programs guided by an ethic of community and project accountability.
EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITY CENTER PURPOSE:
The Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) program at Colorado State University is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education and is housed in the Access Center. The program is dedicated to helping adults re-engage with their education. EOC provides eligible individuals in Adams, Larimer, and Weld counties with an exceptional level of free services, support, and assistance that will prepare them to enroll in and complete a program of study, at any school, college, or university that will best meet their needs and achieve their educational and career goals.
- Customer Service: Answer office phones, schedule appointments, and assist with organizing the office.
- Administrative Support: Help staff with administrative tasks, including but not limited to event planning, creating tools to publicize events, assisting with program development, helping maintain databases and other administrative duties as assigned.
- Social Media Development and Maintenance: Evaluate social media that will enhance communication with participants, implement social media, and assist with maintenance.
- Teamwork: Actively support and attend efforts for EOC and the Access Center staff through training meetings, program planning, collaboration on activities, and participation.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (must have these qualifications to apply):
- Enrolled as a full-time student at Colorado State University.
- Completed a minimum of one year of full-time undergraduate study.
- Proficient in Office software products and social media applications.
- ELIGIBLE FOR FEDERAL WORK-STUDY.
- Effective communication skills (speaking, writing, and using computer applications)
- Customer service experience, specifically answering phones, greeting individuals, office organization, and managing schedules.
- Experience creating and managing social media pages for professional organizations.
- Colorado State University may conduct background checks on final candidates.
- Benefit Information: Employee benefit information can be found on HR’s Website at https://hr.colostate.edu/current-employees/benefits/
- Work-study Only Positions: Must be eligible for work-study to apply