Lory Student Center Environmental Services Compost Specialist
Environmental Services (Custodian)
Multiple shifts 7 days per week
The Environmental Services Team member is a student-hourly position with a very flexible schedule in Operations, within the Lory Student Center (LSC) and the Division of Student Affairs. All Environmental Services Team members are tasked with providing a safe and clean work and learning environment for students, staff, and University guests by responding to the daily cleaning and maintenance of LSC facilities with a focus on sustainability and customer services. Up to 4 positions are available at $15.20 per hour.
Are you interested in:
- Pursuing career development
- Growing as a leader
- Creatively and collaboratively managing projects
- Fostering belonging and collective care
All Environmental Services Team members will contribute to meeting the mission of the LSC: “As a student-centered organization at the heart of campus, we provide programs and services that create an inclusive community and inspire active, engaged learning.” Team members empower space for engagement and foster a culture of belonging in support of multiple and intersecting identities of staff, customers, and guests. The Environmental Services Team member executes the department's strategic plans centering on diversity, equity, and inclusion, upholds department values, provides clear communications, and assists with inventory management by exhibiting effective and efficient use of supplies and tools.
This position develops relationships and collaborates with Environmental Services Team members, Leads, Supervisors, the Manager, Director, and Executive Director, and other LSC and CSU departments as needed. The LSC proudly employs nearly 650 students. Learn more about the LSC by visiting: lsc.colostate.edu
- Seeking a self-motivated professional temporary employee with multi-tasking skills
- Works independently
- Communicates changes in work schedules
- Work Hours: May work up to 30 hours/week depending on need and ability.
- Minimum shift length 2 hours per shift.
- Schedule: Work hours would be between the hours of 11 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Attends departmental training opportunities.
- Has a working knowledge of CSU's composting and recycling practices.
This position may include but isn't limited to:
- General custodial duties.
- Observing waste receptacles, educating and assisting customers in proper usage, and assisting the Environmental Services Leads in charge of the area with documenting needs, successes, and challenges of customer-based composting and recycling.
- Removal of waste, recycling, and compost from the Lory Student Center.
Benefits information can be found at: https://hr.colostate.edu/current-employees/benefits/
Colorado State University may conduct background checks on all final candidates.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to CSU Principles of Community
- Must be eligible to be a student hourly employee
- Must demonstrate knowledge of CSU's composting and recycling practices.
- Must demonstrate effective and appropriate customer interactions and service.
- Perform cleaning while maintaining a safe work and learning environment in the LSC.
- Greet guests and other users assisting as needed
- Conduct special projects efficiently and completely as directed
- Once proficient in performing tasks and utilizing equipment, the position may train other employees
- Other duties as assigned
- Compost experience which includes formal education or instruction.
- 3 months of custodial/ janitorial experience.
- Consistent and reliable schedule availability.
NOTE: Employees receive on-the-job training, such as LSC orientation, and continue professional development, departmental orientation, Blood Borne Pathogens, etc.
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Resume requested but not required