Live-in Special Needs Care Provider - 15 miles outside of NYC!
Are you passionate about helping others and assisting teens and young adults with special needs in reaching their full potential? Are you interested in relocating to a new city with full room and board provided? Studying online while gaining hands-on experience?...Look no further!
Apex Social is seeking a compassionate and responsible Live-in Special Needs Care Provider to provide exceptional care for 2 teenagers with Autism and language delays. In addition to offering a rewarding opportunity, you will get to relocate 15 miles outside of NYC. If you're open to exploring new opportunities, this might be the perfect fit for you!
Some responsibilities may include:
- Assist with daily living activities such as personal hygiene, meal preparation, and household tasks.
- Provide reliable transportation to and from school, appointments, and recreational activities.
- Engage in interactive activities with the teens, fostering a supportive and engaging environment.
- Implement care plans as directed by parents and professionals, supporting development and progress.
- Demonstrated experience working with individuals with special needs, particularly those with Autism
- Familiarity with alternative forms of communication such as gestures, picture icons, and physical prompts.
- Willingness to learn.
- Great energy and positive attitude!
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
- Full room and board in a beautiful NJ town outside of NYC
- Competitive weekly salary and flexible schedule.
- $500 professional development bonus for ongoing education and growth.
- Opportunity to shadow therapists and professionals, gaining interdisciplinary work experience.
- Continued support and guidance provided by Apex Social throughout your journey.
- Networking opportunities and meet-ups, including exciting outings such as a surf trip to San Clemente, California.
- Two weeks of paid vacation to recharge and rejuvenate.
- Opportunity to travel with family to Florida
- The chance to make a real difference in someone's life.
- Relocation assistance
If you are passionate about providing exceptional care for individuals with special needs and meet the qualifications, we encourage you to apply for this incredibly rewarding position. Don't miss out on this opportunity to live and work in this beautiful town in northern NJ!
Apex Social brings together experienced educators, therapists and care providers with families from across the US who have children or young adults with special care needs. We provide personal & career development through a unique, collaborative work experience for Care Professionals.
Our Mission is unlocking children’s greatest potential through integrating skilled Care Professionals into their family’s daily life. We are dedicated to finding the best and most qualified Special Needs Care Providers for our Host Families.
Our Host Families are seeking Live-In Special Needs Care Providers who are passionate about working with children with special needs and are looking to make a difference in their lives.
Get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org!