AgNext Communications Intern
AGNEXT COMMUNICATIONS INTERN
AgNext is a research collaborative at Colorado State University (CSU) with a goal of finding more sustainable ways to feed the world’s growing population. From working with the world’s largest food and meat companies to learning from the field’s top researchers, we aim to positively impact the sustainability and health of the livestock industry.
AgNext is looking for two communications interns to join our growing team. The ideal candidates would have excellent communication skills, strong writing skills, design skills, experience with social media, and can meet specific deadlines. This internship will benefit a candidate with an interest in developing their communications skills in a professional, fast-paced environment.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write blogs about various topics surrounding the AgNext team, sustainability, and animal agriculture.
- Assist with managing the AgNext social media accounts and writing posts
- Monitor conversation on various social media platforms on related topics
- Collect and analyze AgNext account analytics to gauge success of campaigns
- Provide recommendations to AgNext on ways to improve social media strategy and internal processes
- Create original content through graphic design, videography, and photography that will aid AgNext presentations, social media, website and more.
- Learn and adhere to AgNext and CSU brand guidelines
- Participate in brainstorms for campaign and media ideas for social media, website, and other communications projects where communications work could be integrated.
- Assist in planning and managing AgNext website with up-to-date graphics, photos, and videos.
- Support various communication functions of AgNext as needed by the Leadership Team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with managing social media accounts and social media scheduling software.
- Experience creating original content including (but not limited to) graphic design projects, videography projects, and photography projects.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have an up-to-date portfolio of their work.
- Experience with image / video editing software
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative suite is highly desired
- Proficiency with Canva is highly desired
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to work well with a team and individually
- An undergraduate CSU communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, or related program student who is available to continue working through Fall of 2025
- GPA: 2.5 or above
Start date: Spring 2024 - Jan. 15 (ideal, but flexible)
Hours: Maximum of 20 hours / week, ideally 2-4 hours per weekday.
Colorado State University may conduct background checks on final candidates.
Benefit Information: Employee Benefit information can be found on HR’s Website: https://hr.colostate.edu/current-employees/benefits/
To apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, and link to your professional portfolio on Handshake.
Reach out to Erica Giesenhagen at email@example.com with any questions.
*Please note: This position will span a minimum of one year beginning in Spring 2024, continuing through summer 2024, and ending in Fall 2024, with an option to retain position depending on performance.