EM TRAS Electrical Intern– Power Laboratory
· Seeking a self-motivated and organized ECE student to help construct and run test automation, instrumentation, and data acquisition systems for an electric motors and drives lab
· Available for 10 hours/week during the Fall ’23 and Spring ‘24 semesters
· Must be able to work on-campus at the Powerhouse building
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Assist Powerhouse research engineering staff construct and test an electric motor test stand
· Develop CAD drawings for electrical schematics and wiring diagrams
· Design, build, and test electrical equipment enclosures
· Install, configure, and test data acquisition (DAQ), instrumentation, and control hardware and software
· Knowledge of three-phase electrical power, demonstrated by coursework in ECE 461/462 or equivalent.
· Demonstrated experience in the creation of electrical CAD drawings
· Demonstrated experience with soldering and the use of electrical test and measurement equipment
· Able to use basic tools including: drill press, bandsaw, grinder, etc.
· Current student or recent graduate in Electrical Engineering with GPA above 3.0
· Experience in installing circuit breakers, electrical conduit, and wiring
· Familiarity with the National Electric Code (NEC)
· Experience working with instrumentation and control hardware such as: current transducers, voltage sensors, rotary encoders, etc.
· Experience using National Instruments hardware and LabVIEW software
Number of Openings: 1
Start Date: 11/1/2023
Background Check: All positions are subject to background checks of final candidates.
Benefits: Employee benefit information can be found on CSU’s HR Website