FE Exam Center Student Proctor
Walter Scott, Jr. College of Engineering
Colorado State University
FE Exam Center Student Employee - Exam Proctor
The Engineering Success Center (ESC) in the Walter Scott, Jr. College of Engineering (WSCOE) provides the first level of support to undergraduate engineering students. The ESC office is home to the assessment, recruitment, retention, scholarships, Open Option and Engineering Science advising, middle/high school outreach, career readiness & professional development, and engineering programs dedicated to serving underrepresented populations for the WSCOE.
FE Exam Center:
As of September 26, 2023, CSU students and the public can take the FE exam on-campus at Colorado State University.
The FE Exam Center (a Pearson VUE Test Center Select) is located in the Engineering Success Center in the Suzanne and Walter Scott, Jr. Bioengineering Building at Colorado State University. It is open for testing by appointments made through Pearson VUE every Tuesday (except holiday weeks) from 9AM to 5PM MST.
About the Exam:
The Fundamentals of Engineering Exam (FE) is administered by The National Council for Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES). It is a computer-based exam administered year-round at NCEES-approved Pearson VUE test centers. The exam appointment time is 6 hours long and the exam includes 110 questions.
Description: The Walter Scott, Jr. College of Engineering is looking for Student Assistants to deliver and proctor FE Exams in the ESC. The student will be trained as a Pearson VUE Certified Test Administrator. The Exam Center operates on Tuesdays only. Two time slots are available to work: 8AM-12PM and 12PM-5PM. Please Note: Students who work as test proctors cannot take the FE Exam for the following two years. Due to this, we are seeking first-year and second-year students to allow you to take the FE in your final year at CSU.
- Undergo Pearson VUE Test Administrator Training (11 hours - paid);
- Admit test candidates in the proctor room;
- Deliver exams in the testing rooms;
- Proctor exam;
- Follow all Pearson VUE and ESC protocols;
- Work autonomously on projects assigned by your supervisor
- Must be a currently enrolled first/second year undergraduate student in Engineering, Math, or similar program;
- Must have strong communication skills;
- Ability to work independently in a self-directed manner with minimal supervision;
Supervisor Name & Contact Information:
Macarena Lange, Assessment and Enrichment Coordinator
Position Timeframe: January 2024-May 2024 with opportunity for extensions
4-5 hours per week at a pay rate of $15 per hour
- Submit your Resume and Cover Letter to Handshake (indicate which time slot you are interested in working)
- Interviews will be scheduled with qualified candidates based on qualifications for the position
Colorado State University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
Benefit Information: Employee benefit information can be found on HR’s Website at https://hr.colostate.edu/current-employees/benefits/